In 2010, Cita Hati Christian School became an authorized Cambridge International Centre (CIE). The CIE is the world's largest provider of international qualifications for 14-19 year olds. The CIE authorization allows Cita Hati to offer the Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGSCE) to Grade 9 & 10 students. This means our students will have the opportunity to gain a qualification recognized by universities, education providers and employers across the globe.
For students at Cita Hati, the IGCSE means a strong foundation for higher level courses offered in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (Grades 11 & 12), and further a qualification enabling them to continue their studies, and/or work and live in an international setting.
IGCSE at Cita Hati offers a flexible course of study giving students the freedom to choose subjects that are right for them while at the same time providing them with a broad knowledge base and lifelong skills. Subjects are studied in the English medium over the core areas of language, mathematics, science, social studies and the Arts.
Key Features of the IGCSE Programme at Cita Hati School:
• A two-year programme for Year 9 and 10 students
• Provides an ideal foundation for higher-level courses such as the International Baccalaureate
• Worldwide recognition
• Offers syllabi that reflect local economies and cultures within a global context, ensuring that students gain a wide perspective while recognizing and valuing their own environment.
• Develops key learning, problem solving, and investigative skills by encouraging an active, critical, and questioning approach to study.
• Ensures a broad-based education, while providing a degree of choice.
IGCSE subjects offered at Cita Hati School:
• Languages – English (ESL) and Indonesian
• Co-ordinates Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Physics
• Information & Communication Technology
• Social Sciences & Humanities*: Economics or Geography
• Arts*: Art and Design, Drama, or Music
*Students select one subject